Thursday, September 19, 2013

RSS/useful and important

I remember the times when I was working for one of the most developed and modern online news resources in Armenia: A1+ TV Company. The webpage, which I had honour to be an editor for, was and is one of the fast developing sources for our community. However, 6 years ago, in spite of all my experience of activities in forums, chats and internet overall, I have pretty narrow understanding of how important can RSS feeds be for news. As my first education background is Journalism, and as my very loyal and strict teacher in profession, my producer taught me how to use the RSS. Although, I didn't really understand the importance of those. ANyway, I would subscribe for many webpages and would rarely read the information I received. Just like it is mentioned in the article by Will Richardson on RSS (Will Richardson, www.weblogg-ed.com
Ver. 1.5, Updated 3/29/05) I would continuously receive various non-useful information on my email which would draw my attention from the useful RSS feeds I received.
It is even more inspiring when thanks to this article i now know more about the use of RSS feeds and how to get them all together in one place. It is indeed useful in our profession as teachers to get the fresh ideas in one place and don't have to google them forever in the web.
It is also obvious that most of the nowadays information resources such as webpages of various newspapers, news agencies, etc, use the options of RSS and promote them for the readers. Almost all of them offer to subscribe to the most recent info they provide, not even by going to their webpages.
I consider this a real improvement of the information promotion in Armenia which is one step to development.
In the terms of education, I believe that most of the educational resources for teaching lecturers also give this opportunity which makes our lives as teacher easier and full of joy when we get all we need quick and fast. moreover, RSS gives the teachers who are using alternative way of teaching to share and associate with their students by not checking each of their weblogs but simply receiving RSS feeds on their newly posts and updates, which first of all saves the teachers time.

Thank you RSS:)
P. S. To those who would be interested: Read the article:

No comments:

Post a Comment